Does your CRUZ stroller need a Tune-UP, but you can’t make it to a Tune-UP Gear-UP® event? Don’t worry, we have some step-by-step tips you can do at home to get your stroller running smooth again.
- Remove your back wheels and wipe down the wheel housing and wheels to remove all traces of dirt or grit.
- Remove all 4 wheels and wipe down and dry thoroughly
- Lubricate all 4 wheels shafts with white grease or BuggyLOVE wheel love
- Spray out back brake housing and brake pin with WD-40, let sink in and hit brake several times without wheel attached to clean out brake pins, may have to repeat process depending on how dirty
- Replace all 4 wheels back onto the frame
- 2014-earlier CRUZ strollers: Flip over your CRUZ frame and at the bottom of the brake pedal you will see 2 screws. You can squeeze some bike chain wax, a beeswax lubricant, a little white grease or even squeeze some BuggyLOVE Wheel Love into the brake housing, let it soak in, hit the brake a few times and this will lubricate and clean out the mechanism keeping your brake smooth and easy to use. Here is a quick video we made showing this process: https://youtu.be/gQUyOLfjPlw
- 2015-later CRUZ strollers: Fold the CRUZ and wipe down both sides of the middle folding joint
- 2014-earlier CRUZ strollers: Fold the stroller in half and wipe out any dirt and debris from the middle joint. Spray WD-40 on either side of metal hook and pump hook up and down several times. Lubricate again if needed. Unfold the stroller again.
- Check basket fabric for rips or zipper issues and replace if necessary
- Check seat recline, footrest, harness, handlebar for proper working order
- Wipe down the frame and spot clean of fabric using BuggyLOVE
- Check rain shield for holes or rips